What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
Through the website and when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other personal data to help you with your experience. Spiio collects, stores and processes this data and any other personal and/or professional information, registered on the platform or by any other use of the Website.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, open a Support Ticket, enter information on our site or through correspondence and other interactions with users.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use the app platform or certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To disclose your information to relevant third parties without notice: (i) if you have already authorised us to do so; (ii) if we are required to do so by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order; (iii) as deemed necessary, in our discretion, to protect our legal rights or property or the legal rights of third party; and/or (iv) in connection with a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer of part or all of the business or assets of or the shares in Spiio.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We take the security of our Users’ personal information seriously and therefore have measures in place to prevent abuse, unauthorised access, loss and unlawful processing hereof. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers or transmissions between our servers and your computer. Accordingly, all information which Users provide to us is supplied at their own risk. Please keep your password and other account details confidential to help us ensure the security of the data.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards, since an external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all creditcard transactions.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.